Friday 25 September 2009

I am in!

After being dropped off at Brizzle airport, Thanks Tam, the flight to Amsterdam was uneventful, though I did find a smoking cupboard which will help on the 7 hour transfer on my way home! The flight to Tel Acic was a tad more lively due to 2/3 rds of it being under the age of 3, including one sat next to me who spent the entire flight testing my bloody patience! Though I can expect moreof that later I guess.

Arrived at the airport with my cover story going over and over in my head just in case, got to passport control and chose the most bored looking bugger I could see and Voila! No probs at all. Straight through and my rucksack was first off!

Got the Nesher taxi to Jerusalem along highways that are well maintained, well lit and with several lanes, I couldnt help compare this to what I am espexting on the West Bank.

I got dropped off by Damascus Gate in the Old city around 5.30 just as morning prayers were being called. I found my hostel and the room wouldnt be ready until around 10 this morning so after a coffee that blew my whiskers off I has a stroll around and breakfast of humous, pitta bread and orange juice (what have I done????) and got chatting to the owner who had a great deal to say about the proposed MEPP.

My first thoughts are that it is really hard to try not to be cynical about all Israelis as there are some very good peace activists and making assumptions about the entire race is just wrong, but difficult and I must keep reminding myself of that. Bizarrley the FBU Motion at TUC has not been mentioned yet, its only a matter of time.

I rang my ISM contact and unbeleivably he is based at the place I am staying tonight. The plan is to go to the WB tomorrow morning so I have the day to acclimatise.

Apologies for the spelling mistakes as I have been up 26 hours and all the print has worn off ther keyboard.

Its time to check in and my bed beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment