Saturday 10 October 2009

Provocation, retaliation and retribution


Sorry for not posting for a couple of days the internet has been down in the Nablus apartment which has been a little frustrating due to the increasein tension in Jerusalem. News has been hard to come by although from what I can gather, and this comes with a big health warning that I may be wrong or just got confused, the Israelis are proposing that the Al Aqsa compound can only be used by Jews for 50 days a year.


Now I am not a religous sort of a guy or if I am it is the religion of claret and blue that play at Turf Moor, but I can respect peoples religion if they are not extremeists of any hue. But this action by the Israeli government appears to me to try and provoke a response from the Palestinians which will give them a reason to say to the world "See, these crazy people, we have to crack down on them, the wall doesnt stop them, they are not interested in any peace procees" It gives them the excuse they have been looking for since the election earlier this year.


On the ISM front we sent a couple of people to the Old City yesterday to assess the situation and to see if ISM could help in any small way, I havent heard back yet what the score is. But I was in Jersualme on Wednesday and the situation there was much more tense than when I arrived. So we will wait and see how the situation develops

No comments:

Post a Comment