Saturday 10 October 2009







Yesterday 3 of us from Nablus went to the demonstration against the wall in Bilin, this Friday ritual has been going on for 5 years and despite the night raids inthe village to arrest
young lads the demos continue. There were around 200 people there internationals, Palestinians and in the village before marching to the aparthied fence there was a real party atmosphere. Balloons, Palestinian flags, olive branches., you get the picture. When we got to the fence the IOF were waiting with riot kit on and gas grenades ready, the organiser said that because the Palestinians could not harvest their olives we would harvest the gas grenades and missiles used by the IOF in previous demos, the picture on the right shows the harvest after about 2 minutes which was all the time the IOF gave us before launching grenades and gas missiles. I can tell you IOF Tear Gas is pretty potent kit, the pic of me is after taking in a couple of bloody great lung fulls! My eyes were still smarting a bit last night, Kev Brown said " If Carlsberg made tear gas etc etc" after a similar experience last year, and I agree with him. Anyway no lasting harm done and the resistance by the Palestinians is remarkable.
Thanks for all the messgaes and comments, I will respond to them all but I have to go back down to Susiya now and my ISM buddy is waiting inpatiently, but she is swedish and they are a mellow lot so after a wee and coffee we shall set off on the 1 1/2 hour journey to Hebron and then the 30 minute journey to Susiya.
Hopefully I should be back on Monday on nablus when the internet will be ok and I can spend a little more time on the blog!
Thanks again for spreading the word and see you all in just under a couple of weeks when I am back!
ta ta

No comments:

Post a Comment